This alternative method of cooking chicken fajitas lets your slow cooker do all the hard work. With just a few ingredients you can create an amazing and flavoursome meal that will satisfy the whole family.
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 1lb/450g boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1 onion
• 3 peppers (red, yellow, or a mix of both)
• 1 tablespoon fajita/taco seasoning
• 8 flour tortillas
• Sour cream (optional)
• Guacamole (optional)
1. Thinly slice the onion and peppers and place in the slow cooker.
2. Add the chicken and seasoning to the slow cooker. If the chicken breasts are large, then slice them in half lengthways to reduce their thickness.
3. Stir all the ingredients in the slow cooker and then arrange so that the chicken is on top of the vegetables.
4. Cook for 4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low.
5. Remove the chicken and shred the meat with two forks.
6. Place the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and stir to combine with the vegetables.
7. Serve the fajita mix on warm flour tortillas and top with sour cream and guacamole, if using.