This is an uncomplicated recipe for a Swedish classic that requires only a few easy steps. Eat them on their own, or pair the meatballs and their creamy sauce with tagliatelle or mashed potato for a delicious meal.
How To Make Easy Swedish Meatballs
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 400g pork or beef mince
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 75g breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons plain flour
• 300ml beef stock
• 200ml cream
• Ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, combine the mince, egg, onion, breadcrumbs and dill. Season to taste and then form into approximately 20 meatballs.
2. Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown the meatballs.
3. Remove the meatballs, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter, stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add stock and cream, whisk until the sauce is thick.
5. Add the parsley and place the meatballs back into the pan. Continue cooking until the meatballs are heated through.