Using your favourite barbecue sauce and requiring just a few minutes of preparation, pulled pork is a surprisingly easy dish to make yourself.
How To Make Easy Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
Ingredients (serves 8)
• 1.8kg pork shoulder, skin removed
• 250ml barbecue sauce
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 150ml chicken stock
• 50ml apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• Ground black pepper
1. Put the onion and garlic in the slow cooker, followed by the barbecue sauce, stock and vinegar.
2. Rub the pork shoulder with the chilli powder, season with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker. Cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
3. Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place in a serving dish. Shred the meat with two forks, then pour over the liquid from the slow cooker and stir to combine.