Eggs, milk, and butter are the three ingredients commonly used when making scrambled eggs at home, but the secret to making perfect scrambled eggs is to omit the milk! Milk not only alters the taste of the scrambled eggs, but also gives them a thinner consistency. In this recipe, replacing the milk with margarine results in scrambled eggs with a richer flavour and restaurant-style consistency.
How To Make Easy Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
• 4 eggs
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 tablespoons water
• 4 teaspoons margarine or whipped butter
• Ground black pepper
1. Crack the eggs into a measuring jug. Add the water and margarine and use a fork to beat the mixture until all ingredients are combined.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Add the eggs, reduce the heat slightly and stir constantly until the eggs are cooked and the mixture is thick and creamy.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.