Turkey might not be the first meat that comes up when one is asked about their favorite meat. Nonetheless, it is a good substitute for beef, it’s leaner and often cheaper. Now, with this recipe, you will get the best of both worlds!
How to Cook Easy Ground Turkey
1 cup chopped yellow onion, including some chopped greens from scallions or green onions
1 bell pepper (red or yellow preferred), chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground turkey, preferably ground turkey thighs
1 teaspoon chipotle powder or chili powder (or to taste)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
1. Start off on medium-high heat, put two tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. When hot, add the onions and bell pepper. Sauté the vegetables until they are softened. Finish by adding the garlic at the last 30 seconds. Reserve.
2. In the same pan, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil, bring the heat back. Add small pieces of the turkey and make sure they are well crumpled. Add salt and chipotle or chili powder.
3. Add the reserved vegetables back in the pan and brown the turkey by cooking one side first without touching it and then the other side.
4. Mix the vegetables well when the meat is cooked. Add chili and salt. Take off the heat.
5. Cilantro or parsley make great toppings, add freshly chopped.
To be served with rice, noodles or alone.