You may think that French toast is difficult to prepare, but this special breakfast dish is actually really easy. Thickly sliced bread makes the best French toast, but you can use any sliced white bread that you have available.
How To Make Easy French Toast
Ingredients (serves 1)
• 2 slices white bread
• 1 egg
• 40ml milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Icing sugar, to serve
1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
2. Dip the bread in the mixture, turning to ensure both sides are thoroughly coated.
3. Melt a knob of butter in a non-stick skillet or pan on a medium heat. Place the bread in the pan and cook on both sides, flipping regularly, until golden.
4. Sieve the icing sugar over the French toast and serve.
The icing sugar finishes the French toast perfectly, but you can also drizzle over some golden or maple syrup. You can further enhance the taste by adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the egg and milk mixture.