This recipe uses a cast iron grill pan and minimal ingredients to cook delicious pork chops with a brown sugar glaze. The ridges of the grill pan help to sear the meat and add an extra dimension of flavour to the pork chops, making them a great component of any quick weeknight meal.
How To Make Easy Brown Sugar Pork Chops
Ingredients (serves 2)
• 2 boneless pork chops, approximately ¾ inch thick
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• Olive oil
• Ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200◦C.
2. Rub both sides of the pork chops with the sugar and onion powder and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in an ovenproof cast iron grill pan over a medium high heat.
4. Place the pork in the pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Put the pan in the oven and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and no pink meat remains.