You will surely fall in love at first bite with this easy and flavorful recipe that will take you only 10 minutes to realize. You can always replace the nuts by chocolate chips if you’re more of a sweet tooth. The mixture is supposed to be dense, don’t worry! The mayonnaise gives all the humidity needed to this beautiful cake.
How to Cook Banana Bread
3 medium bananas mashed
½ cup of mayo/dressing (I always use Hellmann’s Light)
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup sugar
½ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Mix the mashed bananas, the mayo and the egg in a bowl and whisk it all together. Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pecans in another big bowl.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and whisk until it’s blend. Note: The batter will be dense, don’t stir it too much!
4. In an 8×4 inches pan that you’ve previously greased, pour the batter.
5. Put it in the oven for 60-70 minutes and use the good old toothpick technique to check if it’s ready.
6. Unmold the cake and let it cool down.
Do you want to add an extra to that delicious cake? Try the Pecan Coconut Glaze on top and enjoy!